Recently, I was asked to put together some information about our school. I immediately began to think about the data and statistics that make up our student demographics, our test scores, and our geographical information. Most of these items are listed yearly on our annual report from the Oklahoma Educational Quality and Accountability report.
Instead of those data points, I decided to list some of our recent highlights:
- Consistent area leader in State Test Scores.
- ACT has risen for the past six years. Current average of 22.
- Innovative Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) technology initiative at all grade levels.
- Leader in the use of digital resources for education.
- Only school in the state of Oklahoma that provides “virtual learning” on snow days.
- Possibly the only school in the state that requires a career graduation portfolio to graduate.
- Innovative student advocacy program that involves student lead parent teacher conferences.
- One of the top Vocational Agriculture programs in the state.
- A STEM education leader with “Making and Tinkering Labs” in the lower elementary, LEGO robotics in the upper elementary, middle school “Gateway to Technology Program including robotics, and high school robotics.
- Multiple state championships in various sports and consistently one of the top three overall 4A athletic programs in the state.
- Three time band sweepstakes winner and current state champion.
- Vocal Music program with National Award winners.
- Innovative Family and Consumer Science program with a 3 year old day care program component.
Of course there are many more great programs, clubs, and activities, that are too numerous to mention. Feel free to go to our facebook page and add to our list! We have a great school full of great students. We have a staff that is willing to "Empower Students to Achieve" at the highest level. Most important, we have parents who value and appreciate our school.
Fort Gibson Public Schools Superintendent
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 918-478-2474.
If you want access to our board policy book, you can click on the following link: