It is a GREAT day for school!
“Too often we give children answers to remember rather than problems to solve.”
- It is always exciting to start a new year, and this year is going to be a great one!!
- Please note that we will begin early out Wednesdays next week. The calendar allows all Wednesdays this year to be early out. School dismisses one hour early on Wednesdays for staff to continue to work on developing digital resources that help personalize learning. This time has been invaluable to the district in moving us forward with our strategic plans.
- A copy of our strategic plan can be viewed by clicking here: Strategic Plan 2016-2019.ppt This plan has been in development for over 9 years, with major changes four years ago. Please review it and provide input on it. It belongs to our entire community and was developed by key stakeholders in our community. Our board will formally approve this year's version at the board meeting September 14th.
- As a part of our global education plan developed by a group of senior students 8 years ago, we will focus on China for the first nine-weeks. We will encourage staff and kids to use Chinese language greetings and common phrases. As we go through the year, we will spend a nine weeks on the middle east (Arabic), Mexico, and France.
- Softball has been going strong and football kicks off with a scrimmage this week. Cheerleading and band are preparing every day. Cross country is starting soon. If you get a chance, make an effort to encourage our players, cheerleaders, and band as they represent our school.
- Activities for the week:
Monday – Professional Development day for staff, Freshman and 6th grade orientation, ELC back to school night, softball at Catoosa
Tuesday – Professional Development Day, IE curriculum night, softball at Vinita
Thursday – First Day of School!!!, Softball at RSU tourney
Friday – football scrimmage vs Coweta and Cascia
“Good Bye” in Mandarin Chinese is pronounced “Zi Jen”. You can see the spelling and hear the pronunciation at:
School Mission: Empower Students to Achieve!!