It is a GREAT day for school!
"Empowering Students to Achieve!"
“nihao” (Chinese for "hello" and part of our student produced global education program)
“If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way; if you don’t, you will find an excuse.”
- In the near future, our school will practice a school wide lockdown drill. We did this the last four years and it has been a great learning tool. Once again, we will practice it this year without advance warning, so we will not be letting people know when it is coming. We are not doing this to cause panic, but our crisis management team feels that this is the only way to get true response time and practice. We will be doing the same with office staff on bomb threat calls. We will make adjustments from staff input and law enforcement input afterwards. Now is a good time to review our procedures! Thanks for helping us make our school a safe place!
- Our band competed at Okmulgee this past weekend. Here are the great results! Class 4A White: Best Guard, Best Drum Majors, 1st place Band. Finals: 2nd Overall (19 bands), Best Drum Majors Overall. GREAT JOB!!
- Softball districts will be held at 1:00pm and 3:00pm wednesday at our field. Come support our girls!!!!
- FFA will be showing at the Tulsa Fair. Our Foundation will hold their annual golf tournament this weekend to raise dollars to help fund programs at our school. Thank you to all of those who participate and help!
- Our kids represented us well on the field, in marching competition, and cheering! We are proud of all of our students.
- This Friday is National Manufacturing Day. Many do not realize that Manufacturing is a mainstay of the economy in this area. Manufacturers in our area are currently working to help with our career pathway program and provide tours and internships for our kids.
- Activities for the week:
Monday –FFA at Tulsa Fair, JV and 9th football at Muldrow, sb at Tahl. Sequoyah
Tuesday – FFA at Tulsa Fair, Senior Advisory Meeting (SAM), softball vs Jay, Gifted Meeting, HS parent teacher conferences
Wednesday – FFA Tulsa State Fair, softball districts (1:00pm and 3:00pm) here
Thursday – Tulsa State Fair, JH football vs Muldrow, cross country at Claremore.
Friday – FFA at Tulsa Fair, Football vs Broken Bow (Homecoming!), National Manufacturing Day
Saturday – Band at Bixby.
"bú kèqi". (pronounced boo kuchee) which means “your welcome”.
If you get a chance look at the following link to get several common Chinese phrases and the numbers:
“Zaijain” (pronounced “Zi Jen”) “Good Bye”